Hamilton, Burr and the Duel that Changed a Nation
Forget everything you think you know about Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr! Take a stroll through the lives of these two incredible men. We’ll tell you the story NO ONE else can.
Who were these men really? You will be stunned at how different the reality is from what we believe today.
This is the ONLY Hamilton tour that will give you the true story of Aaron Burr! Get to know them through their own words, the views of the people around them, and the events of the times.
On Your Walking Tour You’ll
- Learn about how two orphans rose to prominence at the start of our nation. You’ll hear their personal stories in their own words and the words of those who knew them.
- Hear about the first fully educated woman in American History on a tour stop dedicated only to the women of the time. (And find out which of these men was an early advocate for women!)
- Visit the site of Kings College and The Room Where it Happened, as well as some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City like St. Paul’s Chapel, Federal Hall and Trinity Church Graveyard.
- Stand at the graves of Alexander Hamilton, his dedicated wife, Eliza Schuyler Hamilton and others we’ll talk about on the tour.
- See original, uncensored documents from the time period including excerpts from the letters between Hamilton and Burr
- Get to know these two extraordinary men as they really were and the events that lead to the infamous duel; the truth is much more fascinating than the stories we’ve grown up with.
At the end of the tour, you can decide what’s truth and what’s myth. And you might be VERY surprised what you learn!
We use a storytelling format from start to finish and use authentic documents to illustrate the events. You even have the option to buy a set of the documents in advance of your tour. Follow along with your guide as you move through the story!
“Karen took the time to show us all the important places relevant to Hamilton …Her knowledge of the subject matter was complete and she had a nice way of making it come together in a very interesting way. She was also careful to let us know when certain things she was talking about were not necessarily fact but gave us enough information to engage our own thoughts toward the situation. We will definitely take another one of her tours in the future. We highly recommend Patriot Tour to anyone visiting, or living in the area.” – Jan 22, 2017
$40Adults/$25 Child (11 & Under)