Revolutionary War Walking Tour
NYC’s most popular Revolutionary War Walking Tour
Running since 2005
New York – In 1776 all eyes were on “The Island at the Center of the World”!
Take a walk from the Stamp Act of 1765 through President Washington’s Farewell at the end of the War for Independence in 1783.
You’ll experience the spellbinding story of the events leading up to the American Revolution while walking on the very streets where it happened.
- The Liberty Pole where violent clashes took place between the people of the town and British soldiers
- The Commons where the Declaration of Independence was read in 1776
- Site of Kings College, the oldest college in NY (now Columbia University)
- St. Paul’s Chapel, the oldest building in Lower Manhattan, built in 1766 and still in use today
- Wall Street, where the Dutch built the wall to defend New Amsterdam in 1660
- Queen Street, where members of the Culper Spy Ring operated under the nose of the British Command
- Fraunces Tavern, where General Washington gave his farewell address at the end of the war.
You’ll hear the stories of Sons of Liberty, soldiers, printers, and spies and the risks they took to fight against the oppression of the British Empire.
We’ll stand where the Continental Army landed during their dangerous escape from the British in Brooklyn in the middle of the night. Imagine what it must have been like!
Plus, each stop is illustrated with original prints and documents from the time period.
Sons of Liberty, Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, Nathan Hale, The Culper Spy Ring, and the Battle of New York are just some of what you’ll hear about while standing right where the events happened.
If you’re a fan of TURN on AMC, McCullough’s “1776”, Rutherford’s “New York” or just want to learn about how we got to be the USA you will LOVE this tour!
We use a storytelling format from start to finish and use authentic documents to illustrate the events. Join Karen Q for a look at the American Revolution that is unlike anything you ever learned in school!
Revolutionary War Veterans Graves
Tour Highlight – Liberty Pole
Tour Highlight – Nathan Hale
Tour Starts Here
Patriot Tours, Inc.
- New York, NY
- Find us on Map