Revolutionary War Walking Tour
NYC’s only Daily Revolutionary War Walking Tour – since 2005 – Lead by Karen Q historian and contributor to Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum!
Autumn is the BEST time of year to see NYC on foot. Join us for an unforgettable look at how our great city got its start!
Relive historic New York CIty!
Walk through lower Manhattan while Karen Q weaves a vivid and compelling tale of NYC life in the 1770s. Many of the city’s oldest landmarks can’t be seen from a tour bus or aren’t marked. Our tours will make sure you don’t miss them!
On your walking tour you’ll:
- Hear about the feuding families and political intrigues that pit neighbor against neighbor, patriot against loyalist.
- Listen to stories about real people who lived, worked and ultimately fought for a dream of freedom.
- Learn about NYC’s beginnings and its strategic role in the American Revolution.
- Stand where the Sons of Liberty held their rowdy protests against the King and Parliament.
- Hear about the “Real Housewife” of colonial NYC and what she did to help the outnumbered American forces.
- Visit some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City like St. Paul’s Chapel, John St. Methodist Church, Federal Hall and Fraunces Tavern.
- Hear the story of the Culper Spy Ring and how they warned General Washington about a shocking act of treason coming his way.
“Never has a piece of land so small caused so much misery for the crown as the damned city of New York”, exclaimed one of our former colonial governors.