Revolutionary War Walking Tour
NYC’s most popular Revolutionary War Walking Tour
Running since 2005
Lead by Karen Q – historian and contributor to Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum!
Autumn is the BEST time of year to see NYC on foot. Join us for an unforgettable look at how our great city got its start!
New York – In 1776 all eyes were on “The Island at the Center of the World”!
Take a walk from the Stamp Act of 1765 through President Washington’s Inauguration in 1789. Karen Q will weave a spellbinding story of the unbelievable events leading up to the American Revolution.
On your walking tour you’ll:
- View newspapers, broadsides and pamphlets from the time. How do we know what was true?
- Hear about the feuding families and political intrigues that pit neighbor against neighbor, patriot against loyalist.
- Stand where the Sons of Liberty held their rowdy protests against the King and Parliament.
- Hear about the “Real Housewife” of colonial NYC and what she did to help the outnumbered American forces.
- Visit some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City like St. Paul’s Chapel, John St. Methodist Church, Federal Hall and Fraunces Tavern.
- Hear the story of the Culper Spy Ring and how they warned General Washington about a shocking act of treason coming his way.
Sons of Liberty, Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, Nathan Hale, and the Battle of New York are just some of what you’ll hear about while standing right where the events happened.
If you’re a fan of TURN on AMC, McCullough’s “1776”, Rutherford’s “New York” or just want to learn about how we got to be the USA you will LOVE this tour!
We use a storytelling format from start to finish and use authentic documents to illustrate the events. You even have the option to buy a set of the documents in advance of your tour. Follow along with your guide as you move through the story!
“Never has a piece of land so small caused so much misery for the crown as the damned city of New York”, exclaimed one of our former colonial governors.
(max tour size: 15 weekdays, 20 Saturday; get your tickets before they sell out!)
You select the amount and designate a recipient. We’ll send a gift card that can be redeemed for any of our tours. Great for a history lover or anyone visiting NYC and looking for a great walking tour. Want to give a Private Tour? Email us for info.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Want to know more about the time period? Twice a month we’ll send you a story including original prints and documents. Completely free and you can unsubscribe at any time.