Revolutionary War Walking Tour
NYC’s only Daily Revolutionary War Walking Tour – since 2005 – Lead by Karen Q historian and contributor to Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum!
Relive historic New York – The Island at the Center of the World on our Revolutionary War Walking Tour! In 1776, the world focused on New York City. Would the great British Empire crush her rebellious colonies, or would Washington’s army disappear inland, making it a long and brutal war?
One Day Only – July 4, 2017
Relive the year 1776 in NYC.
- The arrival of the Armies, General Washington, General Howe and Admiral Howe
- First hand accounts of the events, including original documents and prints
- The reading of the Declaration of Independence
- Washington’s escape from the Battle of Long Island (Brooklyn)
- Nathan Hale
- Revolutionary War Veterans in Trinity Graveyard
- And much, much more!
Includes stories NOT on our regular tour.
Pay our standard tour price for this special tour!
Book Now July 4!
On your walking tour you’ll:
- Stand where the Sons of Liberty held their rowdy protests against the King and Parliament.
- Look across the East River to Brooklyn, where Washington’s Army escaped capture on a dark August night.
- Hear about the “Real Housewife” of colonial NYC and what she did to help the outnumbered American forces.
- Visit some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City like St. Paul’s Chapel, John St. Methodist Church, Federal Hall and Fraunces Tavern.
- Stand in the spot where the Declaration of Independence was read, July 9, 1776 by order of Commander George Washington.
- Hear the story of the Culper Spy Ring and how they warned General Washington about a shocking act of treason coming his way.
“Never has a piece of land so small caused so much misery for the crown as the damned city of New York”, exclaimed one of our former colonial governors.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Want to know more about the time period? Twice a month we’ll send you a story including original prints and documents. Completely free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
“My husband & I are TURN fans so thoroughly enjoyed the Revolutionary NY Tour.
Despite the cold and rain, there was so much information and so many great stories
that we were not discouraged. Next time we’re in town, we will definitely be taking
another tour. Tickets would make an excellent gift.” – 1/1/2017
“This was an awesome tour! Karen was great and extremely knowledgeable. The only regret I have is not booking the private tour, because I would have loved to get more in depth stories and conversations, but that’s just me being selfish! Such a great time!” – 11/05/2016