Hamilton, Burr and the Duel that Changed a Nation
Forget everything you think you know about Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr! We will take you on a trip through the lives of these two incredible men.
Get to know them through their own words, the views of the people around them, and the events of the times.
On Your Walking Tour You’ll
- Experience NYC before, during and after the American Revolution. A city torn apart, burned, rebuilt and on its way to becoming the greatest financial center in the world. But getting there would take us through some of the bitterest, nastiest political debate our state and nation have ever known.
- How did two orphans rise to such prominence at the start of our nation? You’ll hear their personal stories in their own words and the words of those who knew them.
- Hear about the women in their lives on a tour stop dedicated only to the women of the time.
- Visit the site of Kings College and The Room Where it Happened, as well as some of the oldest remaining historic sites in New York City like St. Paul’s Chapel, Federal Hall and Trinity Church Graveyard.
- Stand at the graves of Alexander Hamilton, his dedicated wife, Eliza Schuyler Hamilton and her sister, Angelica Schuyler Church.
- See original, uncensored documents from the time period including excerpts from the letters between Hamilton and Burr
- Get to know these two extraordinary men as they really were and what really lead to the infamous duel; the truth is much more fascinating than the stories we’ve grown up with.
When we’re finished you can make up your own mind about what happened that day and why.
We use a storytelling format from start to finish and use authentic documents to illustrate the events. You even have the option to buy a set of the documents in advance of your tour. Follow along with your guide as you move through the story!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Want to know more about the time period? Twice a month we’ll send you a story including original prints and documents. Completely free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
“Karen took the time to show us all the important places relevant to Hamilton …Her knowledge of the subject matter was complete and she had a nice way of making it come together in a very interesting way. She was also careful to let us know when certain things she was talking about were not necessarily fact but gave us enough information to engage our own thoughts toward the situation. We will definitely take another one of her tours in the future. We highly recommend Patriot Tour to anyone visiting, or living in the area.” – Jan 22, 2017
Hamilton Tour Preview
Tour Preview – The Room Where it Happened!