Revolutionary War Walking Tour
Historic New York City
New York – The Island at the Center of the World! In 1776, the world focused on New York City. Would the great British Empire crush her rebellious colonies, or would Washington’s army disappear inland, making it a long and brutal war?
- Stand where the Sons of Liberty held their rowdy protests against the King and Parliament.
- Look across the East River to Brooklyn, where Washington’s Army escaped capture on a dark August night.
- Hear about the “Real Housewife” of colonial NYC and what she did to help the outnumbered American forces.
“Never has a piece of land so small caused so much misery for the crown as the damned city of New York” – Colonial Governor
Hamilton Walking Tour
Hamilton, Burr and the Duel that Changed a Nation
Forget everything you think you know about Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr! Take a stroll through the lives of these two incredible men. We’ll tell you the story NO ONE else can.
- You’ll hear their personal stories in their own words and the words of those who knew them.
- Visit the site of King’s College, The Room Where it Happened and the graves of Hamilton, Eliza and Angelica.
- Hear the fascinating story of the nation’s first “gentlewoman”.
- Learn about how one of the bitterest elections in American History lead to the famous duel. Who was the real instigator of that duel?
At the end of the tour, you can decide what’s truth and what’s myth.
Civil War Era Walking Tour
War Between the States or War of Northern Aggression?
A radically different look at the war that divided America. This is the true story of our nation at war with itself.
- Experience 19th Century New York, a city of immense wealth and devastating poverty. A city on the verge of war.
- Did NYC support the Union or the Confederacy? Or Both?
- Learn about NYC’s shocking and conflicted role in the war. Where did the city REALLY stand on slavery and abolition?
- Why were traders singing “Dixie” on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and how did The President react?
You’ll get the true, unvarnished story!
$40/Adult $26/ChildBook Now!
Colonial NYC – Home of the Culper Spy Ring
On our Revolutionary War Tour you’ll travel through the British occupied city where the Culper Spy Ring operated. You’ll see the Liberty Pole on the Commons and hear about the riots that took place there, see where James Rivington printed the Royal Gazette, stand on the dock where “Culper” (Abraham Woodhull) arrived to conduct business and much, much more. If you’re a fan of TURN on AMC, or have read any of the popular books about spies operating during that time, you’ll have a great experience walking through the occupied city and seeing the places where the historic activities of John Andre, Abraham Woodhull, Robert Townsend and 355 took place.
Behind the HiSTORY with Karen Q
Behind the HiSTORY with Karen Q is your way to experience our tours if you aren’t planning a trip to New York City. Twice monthly you’ll receive a story about the American Revolution, Founding Era or Civil War written by Karen Q, including links to primary source documents. Click below to subscribe!
Karen Q on Mysteries at the Museum!
Karen Q is a regular contributor to the Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum where she discusses historic artifacts and the stories behind them. Tune in Thursdays at 9:00pm and 10:00pm ET. Subscribe to our newsletter or like our Facebook page for upcoming episode announcements.
Our Tours Are Different!
Our tours are different from anything else in NYC! We don’t spend a couple of days looking up sites on the internet and writing a script. Instead, we carefully research every time period we cover. We use period documents like newspapers, pamphlets, personal correspondence and broadsides. Then, we pick events that you will find most interesting and that you can relate to. Plus, all of our tours are designed to tell a complete story from start to finish and conducted personally by the researcher.
Watch the video below to see how we build our unique and amazing tours and what makes them different from all of the others. Then, check out our excellent reviews and book your tour!
Every Tour Comes with Extras!
If you like the documents you see on the tour, they are available to purchase at the end on DVD. Or you can get them as a file download option with your tickets. It’s everything you’ll see and more.